Saturday 30 November 2013

Strong! again

Must push book and get that Caribbean holiday, sorry, shoes for the kids.

Not sure what I'm going to do now, because Strong! completes my series on all four British beer styles: Porter, Mild, Bitter and now Strong Ales. Bit vague the last one, I know. Blame British brewers of the past, because they were a bit vague about naming their stronger beers.

The book. You probably want to hear about that. It's dirt cheap and over 350 pages of my usual bollocks - tables, numbers, ciphers, statistics and calculations, plus lots of long quotes from books and newspapers. Anything, really, to stop me having to write big chunks of prose.

Which is why it's so odd that I wrote between 10 and 15 thousand totally new words expecially for the book. Ones that have never appeared anywhere before. Including an overview of the types of strong beer brewed in Britain over the last 300 years.

Been wondering what to buy the beer geek in your life for Krimble? Look no further. Buy Strong! now!

No comments: