Friday 21 May 2010

London here I come

I'll be in London next week. Monday to Wednesday.

The main reason for the trip is to be a judge for the International Beer Challenge at the White Horse on Tuesday. I did it last year and, despite is taking up most of day, it was a good laugh. But because it starts so early and lasts so long, I need to fly in the day before and out the day after. An excellent excuse to spend more time in the London Metropolitan Archives.

This weekend I'll fill out all my document request slips. It saves time. I have a fairly good idea of what I want to do. Like complete my set of 20th-century Whitbread brewing logs. So much fun, so little time.

When my brain starts melting after too long in the archives, I'll finish the job with some pints in the Gunmakers. Which is handily just around the corner.

Unless that bloody volcano palys up again.

2 comments:

Martyn Cornell said...

Is the Reid's label a nod to the fact that you'll not be too far from where Liquorpond Street once stood?

Ron Pattinson said...

Martyn, well spotted.